Wednesday, July 3, 2013

#LessonsFromGideon this morning

I meant to go walking with a friend this morning but had to call her and cancel, due to this intestinal bug not being quite done yet:( But the upside was getting more time to do my Bible Study time. I'm doing the Gideon study by Priscilla Shirer and I'm still in the first week it's so meaty. There was so much this morning that shouted right at me. Let me share:
   God has deliberately positioned each of us to be His representative, beckoning our ailing culture to Him-one person at a time....
   But no matter what God's plan looks like in our lives, His hand is on us to wage war against the enemy within our spheres of influence...
   But without a doubt, outside of my relationship with The Lord and my husband, my sons are my highest priority, and I have been commissioned by God to be their mother...
   My role as a mom is a deliberate strategy initiated by God to rear young boys into godly men. And I am resolved to fulfill this calling to be for them what god needs me to be during this critical stage in their lives....
   God will empower us to complete His work(thank you God!)....
   He is still searching, not for perfect people but for individuals who are passionate about Him and committed to His call on their lives.

So I ask you, and I ask myself....what is God's assignment for you in this season? I am so thankful that God continues giving me assignments and empowering me to do His work within my family and community/sphere of influence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment